Advices Before Visiting Turkey
In the minds of those who wish to visit Turkey, There are lots of inquiries on many topics such as visa, credit cards, use a car, working days of museums, shopping malls and many more
Turkey is seeking to provide all the necessary facilities for its visitors through an evolved visa system to insure them a pleasant holiday.
1. Tourists can apply easily for a visa through the site www.evisa.gov.tr. With only one basic requirement which is having more than 6 months validity on their passports starting from the applying date. After that tourists can come to Turkey and enjoy the nature and discover its ancient civilization and culture, provided they do not exceeds the 90-day visit.
2. Tourists that present in Turkey can withdraw money from an ATM, whether dollar or euro – as well as the Turkish lira – all ATM machines supports English and several other languages and available in various places. Tourists can also use their credit cards and bank cards in shopping tours but this does not prevent them from carrying an amount of cash from Turkish currency in case of going far from the city center such as beaches, tourist villages and camps.
3. Visitors can drive in Turkey with one condition that they carry an international valid driving license plus the car’s paper and their passport.
4. For mobile phones Tourists are facing two choices, either buying a Turkish line such as (turkcell), (Avea), (Vodafone), or to switch their phones to international mood “roaming” where many of communications companies offers this service to its customers.
5. Certainly many tourists will include tours to museums and exhibitions and shopping centers so it is necessary to check their times, as the museums and exhibitions are open seven days a week, except on Monday, from 09:00 am to 17:00 pm. Shopping centers opens all weekdays from 10:00 to 22:00, putting in your hands several of local and international famous brands.
6. It’s necessary also to know the work hours of banks in addition to pharmacies and hospitals. Where banks in Turkey works all days except for Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays – from 9:00 am to 17:00 pm. As for the pharmacies they work all days from 09:00 am to 19:00 pm except for Sunday, knowing that in every region there is an alternate pharmacy which works all days of the week for 24 hours .and hospitals their doors do not close.
7. It is also important for visitors to be aware of public holidays in Turkey, where it’s preferred to book their flights and hotels earlier because of traffic on those days
These holidays are distributed through the year as the following:
January 1: New Year’s holiday.
April 23: Independence Day and child holiday.
May 1: Labor Day and solidarity.
May 19: the anniversary of Ataturk death and Youth and Sports festival.
August 20: victory day.
October 29: Republic day.