Do You Need a Lawyer to Buy a House in Turkey?
The previous years witnessed a noticeable rush by foreign investors to buy real estate in Turkey, due to the development and progress the country is experiencing in addition to the existing investment opportunities.
Often when a person wants to own property in his country, he does not need a lawyer to perform all the necessary legal procedures to transfer the property. However, when any investor decides to purchase outside his country, he may face some difficulties or fears and may consider appointing a lawyer to carry out all the necessary legal procedures.
In fact, you do not have to afford the costs of hiring a lawyer in Turkey to purchase property. Where you deal with a reputable real estate company in the country, it will save you all the burden of the buying process from A to Z.
Starting with the real estate advice needed to find the right property for the customer, the real estate company that you are dealing with will assist you, passing through several stages, including:
- Writing, organizing and auditing the property purchase contract related to the property, which is written exclusively in Turkish.
- Through the authorization granted to the real estate company, it will check your papers and sign them instead of you in the absence of you.
- Ensure that the real estate seller obtains the military approval that is required of foreigners when purchasing real property in Turkey.
- Upon payment, the real estate company will be the trusted third party that preserves the rights of both parties.
- Carry out all necessary legal procedures that accompany the delivery of the property.
You can grant the authorization to the real estate company in one of the departments of the justice in Turkey, and it may take about two hours, but outside Turkey, you can grant the authorization in Turkish embassies or consulates located in your countries.
Granting the authorization to the real estate company does not give it the right to buy or sell the property, rather it gives it the authority to perform legal actions on your behalf, and you will notice that your name and photo on the floor (the real estate registry) are present.
It is also necessary to provide an evaluation report on the legal status of the property (obtaining an explanation of the legal status of your property in the Land Registry Department) which is also of the mission of the real estate company entrusted to you.
As for investors who want to obtain Turkish citizenship through real estate ownership, then you can get support from lawyers accredited to our company, where they can help by carrying out Turkish citizenship procedures.